A Scholarship Fund has been established by the Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba to offer financial support to students of its member groups. The Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba is a non-profit organization set up to meet the needs of Manitoba athletes and would like to promote the further education of its member groups in order to better aid the athletes.
The Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba provides an annual award of $1000.00 to promote the achievements and to help further the education of our student member groups. The award is to be presented each year by the President of the Sport Medicine and Science Council of Manitoba.
The Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba Executive Committee will select the student whom:
- has achieved a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.5 or equivalent;
- continues their program in the next ensuing regular academic session;
- shows outstanding volunteer work related to sport medicine;
- displays an impressive extracurricular background related to sport medicine;
- displays competence and dedication to their field, including professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment.
Students cannot win this scholarship in two consecutive years. Students should fill out the scholarship application form and submit with a copy of the latest available transcripts. The application is to be sent to the Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba office and the Selection Committee will select a winner.
Scholarships will be evaluated based on an established scale.
This award is primarily intended for students enrolled in a University in the province of Manitoba. Special consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate registered in a Canadian university outside of Manitoba.
Fillable PDF of Application Form here: https://form.jotform.com/211027002797045
145 Pacific Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2Z6
Fax: (204) 925-5624