University of Winnipeg Wesmen
The Golf Dome
Fort Whyte Alive
Oak Hammock Marsh
Shooters Family Golf Center
Polo Park Bowling Center
Uputz Black Light Mini Golf
The Manitoba Museum
Thunder Rapids Amusement Park
Jack Potts Thrill Zone
Grand Prix Amusements
Montana's Cookhouse on Regent Ave W
Boston Pizza on Kenaston Blvd
Coronation Bowling Center
Pita Pit on Sterling Lyon
Insurance Brokers Association of Manitoba
Manitoba Public Insurance
Helmet Safety Facts
• Children between the ages of 5 and 14 are at the highest risk for bicycle related head injuries.
• Head injuries account for 80% of all deaths from bike injuries.
• Wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of head injury by 85% and brain injury by 88%.
• It is estimated that the number of cyclists seriously injured in Canada each year is about 7,500.
• The number of deaths ranges from 40 to 70. 88% of those killed were not wearing a helmet, including all those under age 15.
• Those children are 14x more likely to survive if they had been wearing their helmets, and 17% more likely to wear them if their parents do...
Don't Use Your Brain for Brakes!!
Questions/Concerns? Feel free to contact us at:
Sport Medicine and Science Council of Manitoba
145 Pacific Avenue
Phone: (204) 925-5750
Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute
Safe Kids Canada
Snell Memorial Foundation